Undergraduate Philosophy Conference at Bilkent
1st Bilkent Undergraduate Students Philosophy Conference on April 29th. Submission Deadline April 15th.
We are happy to invite undergraduate students to take part in the first Bilkent Undergraduate Students Philosophy Conference to take place on April 29th. The purpose of this conference is to give a chance to the undergraduate students to share their arguments with their peers. Students from all universities and departments are welcome to participate with philosophy papers they have written for their upper-level undergraduate courses or in their spare time. Accepted submissions will be presented by their authors on the day of the conference, with a commentator’s presentation on the paper to follow up in response.
The conference will take place at I.D. Bilkent University, on April 29, 2017. Participants are encouraged to apply from outside Ankara, and we will do our best to arrange accommodation, if needed.
Accepted submissions will be announced on April 21, 2017.
Presentation: 30 Minutes
Commentator: 15 Minutes
Question-Answer: 10 Minutes
1. There is no restriction on subject matter, but papers are restricted to present a philosophical argument.
2. Not only philosophy students but also students from other departments are welcomed.
3. Submissions, and all other enquiries should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
4. Please attach one copy of your paper, with its title on top, but is otherwise anonymous and does not in anyway give away the identity of the author.
5. Please include in the body of the e-mail submission your full name, the title of your paper and your contact information (such as your e-mail address).
6. Participants should send an abstract of their paper that is between 800-1000 words.
7. The submitted abstracts and the presentations should be in English.
8. The deadline for submission is April 15, 2017
Submissions will be evaluated by a student committee from the Department of Philosophy, Bilkent.